Friday 25 February 2011

Beginnings


I have just set up my blog that will reflect upon salient attributes of good qualitative research.  I look forward to understanding what is good research and the characteristics of research that becomes published.  This blog will feature the 'rules of the game' for good research within my academic discipline of accounting.

Based on my thoughts, I see there are two important factors that make research 'good'.  First, you need to identify an interesting research problem that can make an original and significant contribution.  Second, you need to effectively articulate this original idea.  In other words, you need to convey your message to your target audience.  These two steps may involve a certain 'politics of writing'.

I am gradually realising how the nature of the research problems and the research process itself differs between qualitative and quantitative research.

Feel free to comment on my blog, share ideas or raise any questions.  The course will be a learning process as I explore qualitative research.        

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment